Based in the company head office in Monmouth, South Wales, with travel to the 6 local fabricators when required.
Negotiable dependent on experience.
Company pension scheme, annual performance related bonus.
Siltbuster Ltd is a specialist water treatment company providing rapidly deployable solutions to the Construction, Food and Wastewater Industries. Our services are used by the largest civil engineering contractors in the UK as well as a number of household brands producing anything from crisps to beans to whisky. In the past three years the Company has undergone rapid expansion into new markets and is therefore looking to take on more staff.
The successful candidate will be a key person in the design and fabrication of our units. These are typically robust metal fabrications, mostly similar to tanks with internals, plus some ancillaries, like pumps, scrapers, mixers and control panels (see this website for photos of our units). You do not need a background in water treatment, we already have plenty of this in the company. What we are looking for is engineering design skills.
Responsibilities will include:
- Liaising with the business owner to understand the concepts in his mind and convert them to an outline engineering drawing. Ideally, you should be capable of engineering calculations, eg structural loadings, plate thickness, flow calculations, motor loading calcs, or you will be someone who can at least understand these calculations.
- Work closely with the CAD team to turn these outline drawings into fabrication drawings. The CAD team will run the “SolidWorks” software, so the candidate need not have experience of CAD packages, but must be able to read the drawings.
- Liaise with local fabricators to ensure they understand our requirements, and take on board any comments they have regarding the ease of fabricating our designs.
- Co-ordinate the production schedules of our 6 local fabricators, to hit the deadlines of our customers (we typically have between 20-40 people working on our units at any time within our fabricators companies).
- Inspect and ensure the quality at the fabricators before the units go to be painted.
- Other departments are responsible of assembly of ancillary equipment onto the shell of the units, eg pumps, agitators, scrapers, augers, trommels, instruments, control panels. However, you will have designed it so that all of these elements are correctly sized and fit onto the shell from the fabricator.
- You will collect feedback from our Field Engineers who use the equipment at site, decide which ideas should be incorporate since they are worthwhile improvements, then debate and agree these with the owner.
- Ensure version control within CAD so that drawings are correct, up to date, representing the latest evolution of our technology.
- The owner is a world leader in water technology, so the candidate will need to have engineering experience and have confidence in his knowledge to keep up with the owner.
- Ideally, you should be capable of engineering calculations, eg structural loadings, plate thickness, flow calculations, motor loading calcs, or you will be someone who can at least understand these calculations.
- Your background: Engineering HND, or a time served apprentice with years of practical engineering experience. It is unlikely to be suitable for a new graduate with a degree. You will probably have worked as a product develop and design engineer or have relevant experience of machine design and fabrication.
- Full UK driving licence.